How about that debate, eh?
Juuust kidding. No politics here. Take me out for a drink and I’ll talk politics, but this is not the place!
Right before the debate, Lu built my new desk (as I made dinner) and it’s now sitting in our living rom, like a big, giant TEASE, because I’m not moving in until Sunday.
This week kind of feels like the week before we got married: all I can think about is this new office! It’s so hard not to spend all day meandering the aisles of Home Goods, IKEA, West Elm, and Target! I literally have been scheduling one-hour spurts, where I let myself fill my Amazon cart up or peruse sites for cute desk accessories.
I’m really excited, can you tell?
I think the anxiousness and anticipation is also due to this pent up energy I have right now, because I hurt my foot on Saturday on an 11-mile training run, so I’ve been off it for the past few days, and I’m antsy! I’ve been religious about the training and haven’t missed a day, so I’m dying for a nice, invigorating run.
I bought new running sneakers on Saturday, because I realized my shoes were rubbing wrongly against the top of my foot and causing stress. Non bene.
But anyway, there’s a new recipe today! It’s another one of my easy go-to meals. Everything tastes better with a fried egg on top, right? You can’t really go wrong with that one. And a sprinkle of feta on top adds a lovely saltiness to this dish. The tahini kale is soft and fluffy, with a nuttiness that pairs well with the sweet butternut squash.
I love the way the Inspiralizer spiralizers butternut squash – easily, of course, but most importantly, the shape is so unique and you won’t find it on any other spiralizers out there. On Blade C, it’s a flatter noodle, that’s light and not too thick, so it cooks quickly and isn’t too overwhelmingly butternut-squashy.
Check out the latest post on my lifestyle blog, alissandra b:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 6 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1 large bushel of kale, chopped
- 4 whole eggs
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water, to thin + more as needed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the butternut squash noodles out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Spritz with cooking spray, season with salt and pepper, and bake for 7-10 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tahini dressing. Place all of the ingredients in the bottom of a large mixing bowl and whisk together until creamy. Taste and adjust to your preferences, if necessary. Add the kale into the bowl. Toss and then massage dressing into kale leaves, massaging until softened, about 1 minute.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, crack in the eggs and fry until egg whites set, about 5 minutes.
- While eggs cook, divide the butternut squash into plates and add the kale salad. Top with fried egg and garnish with feta.