I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day weekend! If you live in the NY/NJ area, the weather wasn’t ideal – it was rainy and gloomy practically the whole time.
For me, it was great weather, because I had to work and I didn’t want to be tempted by any beach weather. And I did end up working – I clocked in a solid 7 hours on Saturday and Sunday!
Although torturous at the time, I’m so glad I put in those hours, because now this week, I’ll be a little bit ahead of the game.
Monday was spent more for me, so it was nice to have one day to get some errands and shopping done. We’re starting to pick up little things here and there for the nursery – we got a rocker from Pottery Barn Kids that we literally saved about $400 on – thank you, weekend sales! We also got a cute hamper and I went home and opened up a registry on PB Kids because I didn’t quite realize how adorable their stuff truly was!
Today’s recipe is a fish taco bowl that may seem like it takes a lot of steps, but it’s all worth it – once you have the finished product, you’ll be so happy you took the time to make it! It’s got all the right spices, seasonings, and textures.
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 13 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Fish Taco Zucchini Noodle Bowl with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- For the fish:
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 3-oz pieces of cod or white fish
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- For the creamy avocado dressing:
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted
- For the rest:
- 1 large ear of corn shucked and broken into two pieces
- 1/2 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 medium zucchinis Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeno sliced – to garnish
- Bring a medium pot with a pinch of salt, water and the corn to a boil. Once boiling, let cook for 2-3 more minutes or until corn is easily pierced with a fork. Strain and set aside.
- While the corn cooks, place the cod in a bowl with the olive oil, garlic and lime juice and combine. Let sit for 5 minutes. Then, remove the fish from the marinade and season the cod with Cajun seasoning.
- While fish marinates, place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a food processor and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust, if needed. Set aside.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet to medium-high. Once heated, place in the cod and cook for about 5 minutes, turning halfway until fish is opaque and flakes easily.
- While fish cooks, scrape the corn off the cob with a knife into a small bowl and set aside. Also, toss the zucchini noodles in a large bowl with the avocado sauce until fully combined.
- Once fish is done cooking, assemble the fish taco bowls: divide the zucchini noodles into three bowls and place equal portions of black beans, corn and tomatoes. Top each with a piece of fish and garnish with jalapeno slices. Serve immediately.