Now that Thanksgiving is over and hopefully the leftovers are finished, it’s time to get back into the healthy swing of things!
Since I refuse to “detox” (aka juice cleanse or eat raw veggies for a day or something crazy like that), I instead stick to eating whole, real ingredients and focus on nourishing myself properly so my body’s digestion and basic function resumes normalcy.
Yes, I ate a little too much pie. 🙂
And now, it’s totally slow cooker season, and I’m so excited to develop some more slow cooker recipes for you all. To start the slow cookery, I present to you this healthy version of a chicken burrito bowl, fully loaded with all the good stuff, and minus the stuff that doesn’t do much for you (like a flour burritto and white rice.)
I love burrito bowls – I always ask for my burrito in a lettuce bowl. Not as satisfying as a true burrito, but it gets the trick done.
However, this new version with spiralized sweet potato rice let’s you have all the great same textures and flavors of a burrito bowl without the carb coma afterwards! And, it fuels you with every bite.
If you don’t eat chicken, just omit that part of the recipe and focus on the veggies – I’d add some extra veggies like spiralized bell peppers, but other than that, follow the recipe!
This is definitely going into our monthly dinner rotation – it’s flavorful, colorful, hearty, and seasonal, thanks to the sweet potatoes.
Top with some avocado and you’ll never go to Chipotle (or wherever you get your burrito bowls) again!
Holiday Inspiralizer Sale
Don’t forget about our weekend holiday sale! Tomorrow’s the last day of the holiday weekend sale. It’s your last day to get 20% off the Inspiralizer! You don’t need any discount code, the discount is already reflected on checkout!
Grab your Inspiralizer at 20% off for this limited time and gift a friend or treat yourself! Happy shopping – and hope this helps you check off at least one person on your gift list this season!
If you want to buy for 20% off on Amazon, our deal is running through Cyber Monday also! Click here to shop via Amazon and click the button below to shop on our site!
Watch our video to learn how to spiralize a sweet potato using the Inspiralizer and subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch more videos:
Nutritional Information & Recipe
Weight Watchers SmartPoints*: 9 points
*These points were calculated using the official Weight Watchers SmartPoints calculator. We are in no way affiliated with Weight Watchers, we are providing this information based on popular demand.
Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls with Spiralized Sweet Potato Rice
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 14.5- ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock divided, plus more if needed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 15- ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro to garnish
- 2 avocadoes peeled, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup diced scallions
- Combine the chicken breasts, diced tomatoes, half of the chicken stock, chili powder, salt, cumin, and oregano in the bowl of a slow cooker. Make sure the chicken is covered, and add additional stock if needed. Cover with the lid and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes. Spiralize them with Blade D. Then, transfer the sweet potato noodles to a food processor and pulse until rice-like, working in batches. Rice all of the sweet potato noodles and set aside.
- Remove the lid and add the sweet potato rice, black beans, frozen corn, and the remaining chicken broth. Replace the lid and continue cooking on high for another 2 hours. Cooking is done when the rice is tender.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred, using two forks. Add the shredded chicken back in and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
- Divide the burrito mixture into bowls and top with cilantro, avocado, and scallions.
Total Fat: 10g