These 5-ingredient blender muffins are a busy mom’s favorite – they’re easy to make (literally put everything into a blender and then pour into muffin tins!), freezable, portable, and packed with important nutrients for your little one.
These are totally customizable and small batch, so they’re meant to be made for just a week of breakfasts (or snacks!)
And if your little one loves nut butter, slice into pieces and spread a thin layer of peanut butter on top for added protein, texture, and flavor. If you’re an adult, add globs of nut butter!
The beet here adds a lovely pinkish flavor, more nutrients, and a little hint of sweetness! And an added bonus: you don’t need to worry about your baby’s fingers reddening from touching beets!
These are very customizable too – the batter can actually be used as pancakes, if you want to switch it up. If you’re doing baby led weaning, make sure to slice into strips!
Or, you can switch up the veggie – just use the same amount of veggie (butternut squash, kabocha squash, or sweet potato could work really well too!)
Hope you give these a muffins a try! They’ve become a staple in our household (and I love snacking on them too – with that glob of nut butter, of course!)
Beet and Oat Banana Muffins
- 1 oz roasted beet
- 1 banana
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a mini muffin tin.
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Pour the batter into the muffin cavities and bake for 24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Pop out of the muffin cavities and enjoy.